Sunday, May 22, 2011

Accomplished!

Yesterday we put a deposit on our wedding venue and cake! Date is 09/08/2012. Even though its the first and only place we looked at, it has everything we wanted in one place for a price that you can't really beat. I've been browsing for venues online several months before we got engaged and again nothing came close to this as far as what we wanted and pricing. So thank you to Dan and Adelle for getting married at an awesome place haha. Our colors are going to be black, white, and red. Black shorter tablecloths with a full length white one underneath, white chair coverings with black accents, and then red rose petals on the table with various other red items. I decided to ditch the cherry blossom idea because although it was cute, our colors would have to incorporate pink which, though Brandon said I could do whatever I wanted, didn't really seem to fit either one of us. The site coordinator of the venue suggested a cake guy who could give us a good deal so we had also booked a consultation and cake tasting after our meeting with her. We had two hours to kill after our meeting with her so we checked out the local mall. I don't know what is featured at the Hot Topic around here but the at this mall they had super adorable Mario and Domo hoodies for 50% off! Naturally, I bought myself one of each. After our adventure at the mall we met the cake guy, Kerwin. We both liked him a lot. Super laid back, friendly and more importantly his cakes were delicious (and pretty). We are getting a round 3 tiered cake, one layer is vanilla, another marble, and another devil's food cake with raspberry filling! So if you are reading this, tell me what cake flavor you prefer because I'm not 100% what order they should go in (originally thinking vanilla being the largest, marble in the middle, and the fancy pants one on top but maybe we have more chocoholics going to the wedding than I anticipated?). I'm not a fan of the taste of fondant so all the decorations are going to be made with buttercream frosting. We're doing red and white roses. Here's a basic idea:
But placed differently on the cake and you know with frosting and stuff since these look like real flowers. All in all, I feel super accomplished and I'm starting to actually be excited for my wedding rather than feeling overwhelmed and stressed out. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds beautiful! And since you ask about the cake, my vote goes for devil's food and raspberry. MMmmmm

    -Sarah (also known as "None")

    ReplyDelete