Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wedding Theme

I thought that because we got engaged at a Cherry Blossom festival it would be kind of neat to do a cherry blossom wedding. The thing is I'm not madly in love with the color pink and when I first googled 'cherry blossom wedding', I got a lot of cheesy looking decoration and designs but I did stumble across a few badass (and probably insanely expensive) ways for it to be done.


This one I absolutely fell in love with. It's ridiculously elegant in a church and with the gigantic fireplace. I wouldn't do the hanging butterflies (not sure if you can see them or not in the picture) but I love how it looks like something straight from a fantasy book or fairy tale. <3 class="separator" data-blogger-escaped-div="div" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">


This next one is pretty neat too. Again its indoors (I want an outdoor wedding if weather permits), but the way they set it up makes it feel like you are outdoors.


They also have these amazing golden origami cranes hanging from the trees which I adore! But ehhh I don't know anyone who can make these and I don't really know where I would go to ask to get them done? Same goes for the trees. I found a place online that has fake cherry blossom trees but who knows what shipping would be? I'm guessing the trees themselves have to go for at least a couple hundred a piece. I read somewhere that some decorating companies will rent things like this out so maybe I can try and look into that? We are hopefully checking out a cute place where our friends Dan and Adelle got married next week to see if we like the food and the location. I'll have to ask about decorating and perhaps the people would be able to recommend some decoration companies I can get in contact with?

3 comments:

  1. Origami cranes aren't that difficult to make. You could probably look it up online. I've got a how to origami book somewhere, and I've made a few things out of it that actually turned out good. Put your bridal party to work! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh that's true. Honestly, we originally weren't going to have bridesmaids/groomsmen but now I don't know. Bahhh so many options and decisions to make but at least we have a ton of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world, I can see that you started this blog now.
    I love origami so much, I do something all the time.

    I like your blog; take a look at my blog, follow me if you like it and I will follow you back.
    I hope you don't think that I'm rude :)
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete