Sunday, May 15, 2011

What Do I Really Want?

Despite the crappy weather, my future in laws, fiance, parents and I ventured to one of the places we are considering having both our ceremony and reception at. Everyone agreed it was a great place and pretty much the best bang for your buck that we've found around here. We're still going to check out some other places but I feel like we have a winner. However, the lady we met with did make me realize that I have to make some decisions relatively soon about a lot of things that I'm currently indecisive about (i.e. wedding colors, bridal party, date, etc.). So I'm going to break some things down here that will hopefully make me realize what I really want.

What kind of theme am I going for?

Brandon had suggested black, red, and white as wedding colors. I do really like this combination (and they look really classy in the picture here) but these are bold colors. I want my reception to feel like you are outdoors (I REALLY want to find some fake white blossom trees and have one on each side of the head table. That's one thing I know I want haha). I might end up going with all white or white and cream colors for the linens but then what color do I do for bridesmaid dresses if we have a bridal party? And what about my bouquet? Do people have everything match their wedding colors? I can't do EVERYTHING white that would be incredibly bland I think. Not everything should be matching but I want so many different things, it's going to look funny if I don't pay attention to how everything goes together. Ughhhh! My brain!

Do I want a bridal party?

Originally, Brandon and I were not going to have a bridal party but now that we're actually trying to plan out the wedding I personally feel like it would be helpful. I don't want to feel like I'm burdening anyone with my wedding plans and a lot of people I'm considering asking have pretty jam packed lives as it is. So I feel guilty asking them. Some have offered though so I don't feel as guilty...I just hope you guys are ready to deal with my super indecisiveness because that's probably going to be the biggest issue (I mean it already is an issue ha!). If yes to a bridal party, how many are going to be in it? Brandon needs groomsmen that he's comfortable with and I'd prefer there to be even parties.


DJs, Dresses, Photographers, Oh my!

I hadn't factored in these prices to our total wedding cost. Sure, we have friends that could provide some of these services at a discounted rate but are they really going to want to be working instead of enjoying themselves at our wedding? How do I know what's fair vs. what we can realistically afford? I'm apprehensive about dress shopping right now because I know how stressed out I can get with just regular shopping. I feel like I have to make an appointment for everything which is difficult because I have a lot of things going on as it is, plus trying to coordinate times for other people to come isn't easy either.


Brandon says I shouldn't worry or stress too much and just choose what I want but its hard especially since I'm not really 100% on what it is I do want. Phew, at least that's off my chest.

2 comments:

  1. You got this. Remember you have to have fun at your wedding too, it's about you and Brandon after all! You have to be happy about the way things are, and I'm sure no one is going to fault you for it. If you need someone else to bounce ideas off of just give me a call. If you want I'll even let you know what I think(or I'll just keep my mouth shut). My schedule is usually pretty open so if you need someone to go check things out with last minute or otherwise, I'll probably be free. Brandon's right, though, stress is no good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it will be easiest to focus on a few big decisions first -- like the venue and the dress. Then tackle a few more, like bridal party and color coordination. Just do a little bit at a time

    And the good news is, everything you choose will be Heather-styled (It couldn't be anything else!), so everything'll match in the end :)

    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete